Competition – Education – Careers
US-NORDIC CUP is a year-long series of tournaments focused on encouraging game play with high school/college students in the Nordic Region against their US peers:
- Winners will advance to the next level during the series through traditional bracket-style game play
- The finale will bring teams together in head-to-head matches across multiple games.
- Winners will receive prizes along the way but more importantly a chance to earn college scholarship(s) at several institutions in the US and abroad.
There is 300+ U.S. colleges that offer varsity esports programs recognized by the National Association of Collegiate Esports (NACE) and the number continues to grow:
- We partner with colleges and universities across the U.S. and Nordic Region to help them find new talent and build out their collegiate varsity, club, or recreational teams
- We work with professional esports/gaming teams to help them fill their rosters
Students sign up via .gg platform and their scores, from approved tournament play, get them ranked on our national leaderboard:
- Proprietary software allows students to submit their highlight reel to review and consideration from colleges and universities.
- Universities and colleges subscribe to the platform to find new talent and build out their collegiate varsity, club, or recreational teams.
- In addition to colleges and universities, gather.gg works with professional esports/gaming teams providing a similar service to fill their rosters.
In addition to scholarship opportunities, there are several value-ads that the US-NORDIC CUP will provide students.
- Life-long friendships ○ Exchange of ideas and opportunities across the countries
- Career opportunities, find what jobs and careers are available in the US and Nordic Region
- Networking opportunities, finding new connections to make play video games more than a hobby
- Opportunity to be recruited by the Pros
- Q1 2022 Winter Series ○ University Sign Ups ○ Final Games Chosen (2/1/22)
- Tournament Series Start (2/15/22) ○ Series Runs for 8 Weeks
- Q2 2022 ○ Finale – Post Finals (5/15/22)
- Q3 2022 Fall Series ○ University Sign Ups ○ Final Games Chosen (9/1/22)
- Tournament Series Start (9/15/22)
- Series Runs for 8 Weeks
- Q4 2022 ○ Finale – Post Finals (12/15/22)
Tournament Series will be Online US Cities for In -Person Finale (proposed)
- Atlanta, New York, Dallas, Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles
Participants from the United States and Nordic Countries
- USA, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Iceland, Sweden
- Study Abroad
- Co-branded Ads
- Social Media Paid/Organic
- Influencers/Student Gamers Promotion
- Custom Landing Pages
Learn about the program and how your company can participate